Hey, look at me. Blogging. What has it been - almost five months?
I'm OK, but today is a rough day. My son, home from the Army on Christmas leave, goes back to the Army later today. I'm super grateful for the time we have had with him. Let me assure you that his leaving doesn't get any easier just because we've been through this before. A friend told me recently that it never gets any easier. That was not what I wanted to hear - but I know she was just telling me the truth as she has lived it.
Honestly, I have not felt motivated to write anything - and that for a long time. That's pretty strange for a so-called writer. I wish I could explain it, but I just can't. Sometimes there is just nothing to say, or it is just better not to say anything.
But I want you to know that I'm going along pretty well. I have made the decision to move beyond believing. Let me explain. I've always sort of known that there are two levels to being a Christian. There is the believing level - a critical level for sure - and then there is the discipleship level. I have made the decision to be a disciple. I made that decision on December 6th. Since that day, I have been under relentless spiritual attack. I'm not so sure I ever really believed in the devil, or all of the things that I had heard and read about this malovent spiritual being, but I do very much believe now.
But my promise to you is that I will never be an offensive Christian. I will never judge you if you do not believe. In fact, if you're reading this, and you do not believe, I want to be your friend. I will not bring up Christianity with my every sentence when I come and comment on your blog. Here on my blog, I will blog whatever is on my heart - you can read or not - but I promise to be your friend and to be circumspect with how I approach you and your blog. If you pray, please pray for my son's safety. His name is Timothy - or Tim if you prefer. Thank you for reading.
2 comments:
'Sometimes there is just nothing to say, or it is just better not to say anything.'
Speaking when you've got something to say sounds good to me, Johnny. I'm not a religious man, but I know what's right and wrong, and I respect those who believe. My best wishes go to your boy.
Hey Valance. Thanks for checking in. I appreciate your kind words and good wishes. See you on the porch!
Post a Comment