Hey, how's that for a blog title? Pretty sneaky, eh? Because it is not all fabulous. It never is. You know that.
But I did want to check in with my couple of regular readers. Hi!
Life for me is pretty good these days. Anyone that has ever read here with any regularity knows that I am blessed with the finest wife a man could ever hope for. She really is Superwoman. "She cooks! She cleans! She brings home the bacon and fry's it up in a pan!" No, really - she does all that and more. I try and do my part. I'm a responsible person in my own right, so it's not out of pure gratitude that I hold up my end of the bargain, but gratitude for her hard work does keep me pushing on. I cook and clean too. And yeah, in case you're wondering, I hold down a regular job.
A few blogs back, I said that I would not make every blog about my rediscovery of faith. I'm finding that hard to do. Faith has become such a big part of my life these days. Plus, I think, to be completely accurate, no matter what I said in past blogs, what I meant was that I would not become a sort of "gospel-goofball" type where my every comment on your blog and here at my blog is about faith and Christianity.
Like I said above, that's harder than I thought it would be. Why? Well, when you find yourself in a good and happy place, it's hard to not tell others about it. And that's where I am. Perfect life? Hardly. I never want to be trite or flippant. Following Christ is not all roses and crowns. Often, it is very difficult. People that say things like, "Just believe in Jesus and your life will be all better," are either ignorant new believers, or something worse. I definitely still have troubles and problems. But they sure are easier to handle when handled with faith.
It looks like my son - the one on active duty in the U.S. Army - is headed to Afghanistan sometime within the next few months. I think he'll be okay, but I still wish he was not going. He wants to go. Not because he wants to go and fight. He will fight if it comes to that, but he looks at it from the point of, "I can make some good money over there and come back and pay my car off." He will go over there surrounded by our prayers and love. I have told him over and over again to be respectful of the Afghan people. I truly believe that most of them are just like most of us - in that they just want to live a decent life and raise their children in peace.
I know, from the stats page, that folks from other countries read here. To those of you that are not U.S. citizens, and are living in a foreign country, please believe me when I say that the average American just wants to live in peace with you. Our government has been captured by very wealthy people with interests in huge banks and corporations that make weapons. We are working towards taking our government back, but it will take some time. People are wising up though, and you will begin to see that in our elections. Most of us just want to live in peace and raise our children in peace. And remember this about Americans. We have been in many foreign countries over the 225+ years of our existence - all we have left behind are the graves of American soldiers - and usually, more choices for the citizens.
5 comments:
Sneaky or not, it's fabulous to see you so upbeat and positive, Johnny.
Why thank ya, Mr. V. It's good of you to come by. See ya on the porch!
Hey Johnny,
I've come up for a breath...I love the post ... I"m with Valance...it's nice to see someone so happy...and it's nice that you share it all with us...so post on!
Hawk
Hiya Hawk! Finally getting a breather, eh. Well, that's good. Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to read my blog. It is appreciated. :-)
I'm moving on now, Johnny. Keep smiling.
Post a Comment